Thursday, July 31, 2014

Courage


Another music project complete! As I've said last time this one's much shorter than my usual projects so I can focus more on practicing to craft the mood and the style. This one took me about a week to finish...I should really learn to work faster. =p

So this time round it's the theme "courage" with a bit of the usual adventure feel to it. I seem to be always doing these types of songs these days...but it's because I love listening to these types of songs! Don't worry though, the next few songs won't have the same mood as I'll be working on other moods to improve my sense of styles (probably!) In this piece I imagined a hero who has been pushed to the edge of defeat slowly finding the courage to stand up against a powerful foe again. The idea of standing back up is portrayed through the echoed thoughts the hero has (bells in the first part) and the feeling of rising up as seen in the ascending chords from the strings. I used a touch of brass instruments here and there to create this majestic and glorified feeling as the hero finds his courage. If you felt much more courageous and ready to face your difficulties after listening to this song, I'll be very happy. Then again I'm still a work-in-progress composer so opinions and comments about what you feel about the song is greatly appreciated! (As long as they're constructive :) )

The next song I'm planning to work on will have themes associated with horror or romance...something different than the usual themes I'm comfortable in. I'll take some time to decide which to work on so leave a comment if you want to hear me work on a specific theme!

Till next time~

No comments: